Companies must finish and sign part 2 of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, within 3 company times of the date of hire of the worker (the hire date means the day that is first of for pay). As an example, if the worker started work with pay on you must complete Section 2 by Thursday of that week monday. In the event that work persists lower than 3 times, you need to finish part 2 no later on compared to the day that is first of for pay.
Worker Obligations for Part 2
Workers must provide unexpired initial documents that shows the company their identification and work authorization. Your staff select which documents to provide.
Workers must provide:
- One document from List A; or
- One document from List B in conjunction with one document from List C
- List A contains papers that reveal both employment and identity authorization
- List B documents just reveal identification just
- List C documents just reveal work authorization just